some service please~!

my latest encounter on service level

kinda duno how/when/why one of the screw cap came off just within 7 days of my purchase (which totally sux since i got it for less than a week). being a "perfectionist" decided to goto Samsung's service centre to get this fix however was to no avail.



what happened that day on 22 Apr 2007

Service Agent: oh.. this is a limited edition color so i do not have the stock here. m not sure if it's available in the market at all.

MOI: what do you mean that Samsung released a limited edition color phone with no replacement parts at all?! that's ridiculous! then why released it in the 1st place?

Service Agent: this is a cosmetic issue so there's no warranty. you'll need to pay for it.

MOI: OK. but 'm just surprized the part fell out within 1 week! it's unlike any other brands of phone that i've used before! can you order in the parts?

Service Agent: i'm not sure. i will need to check. if there is, then we will need to place an order for it.

MOI: OK. please order. how long does it take for the stock to come in?

Service Agent: likely to take about 2-3 weeks time for the stock to come in.

MOI: do you need me to pay you 1st, i can do that but just get me the parts.

Service Agent: it's alright. you can make payment for it when the stock comes in.

so i left my number with the service agent on a loose sheet of paper that she provided me. 23 days later with no reply from Samsung, i wrote a "nice" letter to the vendor requesting for help.

finally after 2 days later from the date of my email, someone "Mr. XXX" from Samsung gave me call. the uncle's english is so broken and so HOKKIEN~!
OMGosh~
arghh.. it's alright! i can bear with this but what i cannot tolerate is the service level that was rendered to me!

my 1st thought - if i haven't wrote that "nice" email to Samsung, does it mean that no one's handling my case? that was never a single update from the service agent(s) at all during my 25 days of wait.

"Mr. XXX" told me that only he can order the parts, which he did so only sometime last week (btwn 7 - 12 May). the parts will likely arrive by next week - sometime on 23 May 2007.
on top of that, the replacements will be free for me (err.. u think i so cheapskate about not paying meh?! it's only $3 for the parts!)

my questions to him
1. do you mean there was no action from Samsung for approx 2 weeks?
2. why is it taking so long for Samsung to action?
3. why is there no updates from anyone in Samsung to update me on the progress?

Pengz~!

he can only tell me it's due to internal issues and they took some time because they need to find the part number for the screw cap in "wine red" color.
what?!
3 weeks for you to find a part number?!

'm really, really disappointed at the service level~!
how to compete in the worldwide market?
is this what you call standard?!

sigh....

Comments

Popular Posts